Social Media has changed the way we communicate and reaches a vast audience. It creates opportunities to collaborate with experts, engage with others and share information.
In addition, social media provides an opportunity for you or your business to receive criticism and negative comments. Provided this is handled well, it can create an opportunity to clear a misunderstanding, make improvements or provide great customer service.
I hope this video helps you understand the benefits, opportunities and influence social media provides. In addition, I hope it encourages you to learn more about social media and how you can use it to your benefit.
Consider these statistics shown in the video:
- Facebook tops Google in weekly US traffic
- If Facebook were a country, it would be the world’s 3rd largest
- A new member joins LinkedIn every second
- eReaders surpassed traditional book sales
- 93% of marketers use social media in their business
If you are a parent, I encourage you to find out what social media outlets your kids are using. Find out how they use it and join the more popular networks like Facebook, Twitter and YouTube. This will help you understand the risks, but most of all, it will allow you a platform to open up communication and see the benefits for yourself.
While researching some stats, I ran across this table from Gary Hayes’ social media counts.
Would you like new posts delivered straight to your email? Sign up for Cyber Safe Family’s free email subscription.
Are you looking for a Filtering and Monitoring Program? CyberSafeFamily uses, recommends and is affiliated with Covenant Eyes.
- Top 10 Mistakes Kids Make Online We all make mistakes, but an “online” mistake can have devastating consequences. These mistakes are public, available to the world “online”, possibly permanent and part of your “online reputation”. One of my passions is to educate families on the advantages, opportunities and risks associated with today’s digital technology and...
- Teaching Kids About Their Online Reputation One great thing about technology is that information is easily accessible. In this picture, we have the world which represents all the information we now have access to through the internet. When we have a question, we “Google” it to get the answer. All this information comes to our...
- Google Puts Kids at Risk by Automatically Enrolling Gmail Accounts into Google Buzz Do you have a Gmail account? What about your kids? Last week while preparing for a presentation, I decided to find out more about Google Buzz, the newest and most controversial (at the moment) social network site. Although I am a fan of social network sites like FaceBook, Twitter...
- “Cyber Safe Mom” Educates Parents on Keeping Kids Safe Online With CyberSafeFamily.com Website It is official, CyberSafeFamily.com has officially been launched. Check out our press release below. “Cyber Safe Mom” Educates Parents on Keeping Kids Safe Online With CyberSafeFamily.com Website “Cyber Safe Mom” Educates Parents on Keeping Kids Safe Online With CyberSafeFamily.com Website CyberSafeFamily.com believes educating parents is the key to keeping...
- What Really Happens After You Hit Send? When kids send private photos, they expect them to stay private. But once you hit “send” you lose control. How can we teach our kids the consequences of sending a picture, video, text, comment or post online? We need to talk to our kids and discuss the current news...